Hey ya’ll! It’s been a while since I’ve blogged a savory recipe because I up and opened a bakery… in my converted garage. It’s been a whirlwind finding my rhythm but I think I’m getting there. That being said, I’ve also brought in a line of products with my name on them because I believe in them and they are THAT good. I decided to play around with some of the products and create a recipe that was good enough to pass on to you.
I’ve made this a few times now, and since my husband has started to request it, I thought I’d blog about it… Bacon wrapped chicken, soaked in Bacon Bourbon BBQ sauce, stuffed with cream cheese and candied jalapeños. Ya’ll. It’s sinfully good. Here’s how:
What you’ll need:
- 4 to 6 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of bacon bourbon BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup of candied jalapeños
- 4 oz cream cheese
- Your favorite seasonings. I used Kinder’s red garlic mix.
- 5 slices of bacon per chicken breast
1.) start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees.
2.) place chicken breasts in a zip lock bag and use a mallet to pound them until they are a uniform 1/2” give or take.
3) wrap a sheet pan in foil and lay out your chicken breasts.
4) season your chicken breasts and brush on BBQ sauce.
5) slice a piece of cream cheese (cold) and place it on the chicken breast and top the cream cheese with 4 or 5 candied jalapeños.
6) roll up your chicken breast , season the outside and leave it seam side down while you do the same thing to the rest of your breasts.
7) lay out 3 pieces of bacon and wrap around the chicken breast. Fasten the bacon on the seam side with a toothpick. Lay out 2 slices of bacon and wrap around the long sides to help close up the ends. Fasten on the seam with a toothpick. If you don’t fasten these two tightly and cover the hole, your cream cheese will leak out. Place on your sheet pan seam side up. This also helps to keep the cream cheese in place.
8) Brush BBQ sauce all over the rolled up breasts. And bake for 45 minutes to an hour. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temp. Place it right in the middle. Temp should be 165 degrees to insure that chicken is cooked through.
9) let rest for a few minutes and then dive in! This is great paired with a nice green salad and/or mashed potatoes or Mac and cheese. ** you can make this keto friendly by using a low sugar BBQ sauce and regular jalapeños ***